And another opinion piece about the stuff I’ve seen over the last couple of weeks.
- Interesting psychological thriller. The first act is a bit slow but then it grows into a dark tale with a very distinct visual appearence.
- Identity Thief
- Pretty bland mainstream Hollywood “comedy” (that’s actually a minsnomer, if not even an insult to every other real comedy out there); do not waste your time on it.
- Iron Man 3
- Another sequel that looks like it was more driven to be made by the producers and accounting clerks than by the need to tell a good story. Sir Ben Kingsley is great (in both roles *cough*), Rebecca Hall’s arc is superfluous, RDJ shows again that he’s got the role down — but despite this: Story’s all over the place, a lot of WTF?! scenes (not in a good way) and a laughable showdown.
- Looks and feels like a made-(very cheaply)-for-TV biopic. Yes, you can gaze at Amanda Seyfried (who I felt was miscast for this role, she was better in Chloe, but everything else is generic, below average drama without any impact on the viewer.
- Star Trek: Into Darkness
- First off, I’m a Trekker, not as hardcore as I used to be, but still. Second, I really like well
made popcorn-action movies. Third, other than the TV shows, the ‘Star Trek’ films were almost never
anything to write home about. That all being said, it boils down to this: I didn’t like the previous
instance of J. J. Abrams’s version much, it didn’t have much relation to the show I grew up admiring;
it was just a more or less acceptable time waster, nothing memorable.
And this one is more of the same, just worse. By now I have the opinion that Star Trek doesn’t fit well on the big screen — a snooze fest like The Motion Picture or explosions-before-logic like Into Darkness being the worst variants one can expect.
- Kick-Ass 2
- The first one was a welcome and entertaining alternative to the recent surge in superhero movies, this second part feels unnecessary.
- Hell Baby
- Saw the trailer, liked it. Saw the film, didn’t like it. It had a couple of cheap laughs, but that’s all. (And man, what was the budget on this thing, $10?!)
- Hello I Must Be Going
- I honestly can’t explain to me what draws me to these kind of US-american indie films time and time again, especially since they very seldom pay off emotionally. Like in this case: The premise sounded interesting, but the result wasn’t.
- *Yuck!* I like the actors, but this one was so much crap (and that’s not even taking into account the horrible visual effects). Skip it — better yet: Kill it with fire!
- 11:14 (Elevenfourteen)
- Rewatched the DVD, it’s still an interesting little flick.
ActiveDirectory (1) Bluetooth (1) C++ (2) CMake (7) Code (4) DE (8) EN (106) Excel (1) Filezilla (1) Firefox (5) GeSHi (1) Git (1) Hugo (1) MTP (2) Mercurial (5) Notepad++ (2) Office (1) PowerShell (4) PyInstaller (1) Python (3) Qt (14) RandFill (14) Remi (2) SCons (1) SIMInfo (7) Script (2) Site (1) TinyTinyRSS (1) Tk (1) Tkinter (2) Visual-Studio (11) WPD (3) WPDLib (1) WPF (1) Win32 (2) Windows (23) WordPress (3) XAML (1)